Monday, March 22, 2004

Bidding Goodbye to an old friend.

Got my new laptop today. P4, wide-screen, kick-ass graphics and sound cards and real slick looks. However I am a little sad about seeing my old guy go back to the pool. It has been a good friend for over three years and has brooked my torture without so much as even a whimper. Lately, however, running all the software that I have been toying with (the entire J2EE and .NET suite plus a couple of databases and a couple of web-servers thrown in for kicks) had it bursting at its seams.

I think it is a human failing to attribute human feelings to everything around himself. It makes so little sense when it is actually rare for even two people to feel the same way. Methinks that many of us come to expect a reflection of our own feelings from everything and everyone around us. Our balant narcissism makes us want the world to render unto us what we would wish them render, rather what the world feels inclined to render to us itself. This very frailty makes me wonder whether this old guy is going to miss me, would it be able to make out the difference when someone other than I plays on the keyboards or squints at it or gives a toothy smile to its screen. I know I will :(

Adios Amigo.

I bet old Mr. Spock would have raised his eyebrows at this illogical human behaviour and would have recommended Koh-li-naar for me without any further ado.

No comments: