Friday, April 23, 2004

Pedicure

I would have never dreamt, when I picked up my first book on Vedanta, about 10 years back, that by the time I crossed 30, I would be become a master of Advaita and Dvaita Vedanta, a Zen Buddhist master and an authority of Biblical scriptures.

Well, it is good that I didn't dream such dreams for none of that really happened! ;) Instead, I find myself confused as ever and ignorant as ever about these mysteries that fascinate me so. The more I read, the more I become aware of my own utter ignorance and the more I get humbled by the heights of consciousness that our great men had reached.

I also find myself given to random ramblings these days as exemplified by my last piece on the confused toe! So, I felt a pedicure of the toe (by the way of giving some hint of what stray thoughts were running through my mind), would be appropriate at this point of time. Anyway, here goes..

Project for a moment, if you will, the existence of the puddle to that of your own and project the sea as your creator. Let the toe playact the part of your consciousness, your inner urge to find an anwer to your existence. Think, briefly, of the monoistic and dualistic schools of thought and I shall wager the existential angst of the puddle would appear much closer than you would have imagined.

Deep, Huh ?!

No comments: