Monday, April 19, 2004

Porpoise Pretensions

Mercury, in Bangalore, has taken it upon itself to challenge Tenzing in terms of scaling new heights this summer. As the sun bore down relentlessly yesterday, taking a dip in the swimming pool appeared to be the best course of action. In a swimming pool, I never swim, I just splash water all around and pretend to be a porpoise (talk of delusions of grandeur;). The only thing that I enjoy more then splashing water by myself is splashing water on tiny kids whose over-anxious parents ritually drag them to the pool in order to "remove their fear of water". I think I created a small army of little splashers yesterday and they out-splashed me thoroughly. Well, all smiles are born sweet, but the smiles of children are just divine.

In the evening the PM called me. My delusions of grandeur are finally paying off :)

No comments: