Saturday, April 03, 2004

Star Trek : A Second Look

I have always been a Star Trek fanatic, I am sure it is quite obvious from my previous post. My brother, is however, a little more measured in his praises, likes and dislikes. A few years back after I had just finished watching for the third or fourth time the re-run of a Next Generation episode, where Picard is stuck in a lift with kids, I gave him a long lecture on why I was so smitten by Star Trek and that there was so much to learn. He listened to me with a thoughtful look and offered no comments.

Finally, I asked him: "Well, what do you think of Star Trek?"

He smiled a little and said, "Every time I look at Picard, I get the sinking feeling that in 24th century they might be able to go where no man has gone before, but they are not going to be able to stop people from loosing hair!" (The top of Jean Luc's head is bereft of hair, and is shiny like a billiard ball)

Like I have always said, my brother is the one with the brains in the family :)


No comments: